Finally deciding to remove the entire floor, I started the process today. It may not be a conventional method of how I'm doing it, but it's working.

Instead of removing the "entire" floor, what I'm doing is cutting the floor around the edge of the walls, leaving the c-channel in place and that way, I don't have to technically remove the shell. When I'm ready to put the new floor in, I'll do it in sections, like I'm suppose to and remove the slats that I left behind. This way, I don't have to worry about building a support structure for the shell and still be able to do a complete floor removal.
Here's the section near the fresh water storage tank. As you can see, there alot of rot in here. Now that I'm this far into the project, I can say for certain that there was a restoration done sometime before. I can see the old floor bolt holes in the frame and the insulation around the fresh water tank is much newer than the rest.

I did find a roach motel around the water tank....YUCK!!!!

Here's what the process is looking like. I've got the first three flooring sections out.

It appears that I'll have to do some frame welding. One of the cross members is not looking to good. Not a big deal, but adds a little time to the restore. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with what I'm finding as far as the shape of the frame!

Posted by CrazyCorpsman Saturday, January 24, 2009

1 Responses to Subfloor Removal

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Looking good. Glad to see someone gets to work on their trailer while the others are inside due to the cold.

     

Post a Comment