Pulled the bathroom out today and wouldn't ya know it, a HUGE rat's nest under the tube. I half expected it, but didn't realize that it was that big. Had about an inch of rat poo that I had to vacuum up in the corner and ended up sucking up the floor with it........OH NO!!!! Found some more floor rot, so it's new flooring in the front and new floor in the rear. Heck, I could probably get away with replacing the whole floor. It would certainly be easy right now with everything out. (expect the refer and closet.....ran out of flat surfaces to store my tools on :)

I also got to spend my first thunderstorm in the Airstream......NO LEAKS.....the one that I found earlier wasn't leaking at all....






Anyone know what this hole in the floor is for?? There was nothing running into it and if you look at the next picture, it was being used as a grainery by the mice/rats/squirrels, what ever decided to store it there.





Here's the grainery. I think that I sucked out about 10 pounds of corn from here!! There's going to be one made mouse from this. OH WELL!!






Here's a look at the back end with everything removed. Look at all of that filth. I Decided to clean some of it off the walls before I removed the panels. Krud Kutter is some awesome stuff. I spray it on full strength, let it set a couple of minuets and wipe it down with a sponge and water. Works great!




Here's the floor rot that I found in the rear.








This is the corner that had the rat poo in it and it's completely rotted out, so bad that like I said earlier, the vacuum just sucked it up. Probably the easiest floor removal that I'm going to do :)






After a day's work, this is what it looked like when I stopped for the night. Cleaned up the walls a bit and drilled out most of the rivets. Tomorrow I may pull the roof down, but in doing so, will lose my lights, so I hope it's sunny tomorrow.

I figured by now that all of the critters would have left, but after taking a break earlier today (just after sucking up all of the corn from the belly pan), I went back in the trailer and a pesky little mouse come running out of the vacuum hose and headed under the hot water tank. I'm figuring that he headed into the walls, but couldn't track him down. If only Whiskey was in the trailer when he went running.

I've also got a fan club growing in the neighborhood :) After seeing all of the interior parts in the front lawn over the last week, my neighbors across the street and on the side have been curious as to what I'm doing and have visited over the last couple days. They are pretty intrigued and anxious to see the rig when I'm done with it. Even got a surprise visit by one of them a couple of hours ago. Kinda scared me, as I had the radio going and was drilling out rivets with my back to the door. But I invited him in the now empty trailer. He's a older gentleman who enjoys restoring old vehicles, so he know's what it's like and what I'm doing :)

Posted by CrazyCorpsman Saturday, January 3, 2009

0 comments

Post a Comment