Does anyone else's yard look like an Airstream junk yard???
I'm really starting to accumulate a lot of airstream interior on the exterior :)

I did make a bit of progress, though. Got the curb side of the galley out including the furnace, stove/oven and the counter top.


I also finally found the drain valve for the fresh water tank, so that''s been draining for the last couple of hours. I filled it up after I bought it and didn't realize that it wasn't hooked up to the plumbing system. Dummy me. There's a nice like puddle underneath the trailer now. I didn't realize that 45 gallons was so much










Here's the mess that was under the sink. The copper tubing was unhooked from everything and plastic tubing was installed instead. Come to find out, it was because of a blown copper line between of the valves below the sink. Oh well, I'm going to re-plumb the entire thing anyways using PEX tubing.






Here's the finished product after today's gutting.

And my final thoughts of the day, if you can see what's behind a rivet, look there before drilling. Ended up drilling right through 120v lines with the HOT. Made for a lot of excitement, sparks and smoke. Lost my drill bit in the process, melted it right in half. That was my favorite bit, too. Made a perfect size hole for my punch to fit in.

Posted by CrazyCorpsman Sunday, December 28, 2008

1 Responses to

  1. Adam Marquis Says:
  2. Hey Brian,
    I saw you on the Airstream Forums website. We worked together in Bremerton Washington I think? I got a 1978 Airstream International Safari for Christmas. I am looking forward to watching your progress. I will not get the chance to work on mine until we get back from Okinawa Japan. Crazy to find you on here.
    Rachelle

     

Post a Comment