I decided that I would pop off an easy panel just to see the extent of my mouse infestation. After removing the access panel for the 7 way plug, there it was. That's all I needed to see.


As you can see, they used the panel as an access avenue into the walls. And boy did it stink.......Needless to say, I tore all the pink stuff out from the front wall.



Here's a better picture showing the extent of the mouse "motel"
And the aftermath from removing it all.

Well, it think that this brings me to a big decision, which I've already made. It's full monty time! I'll begin gutting the entire trailer. I don't want to put up with the smell and health concerns that comes from having these critters inside the trailer. Doing this should also give me a lot easier access to the wiring, plumbing and everything else.

Now I can do what I wanted to do in the first place anyways, which was to customize the inside and now I'll have a clean pallet to work from. Lots of ideas have run through my head and I may end up using wood veneer on the walls and ceiling. I don't think that the weight of it should be a real concern if I buy the right stuff. The one thing that I'm worried about is the wood warping from moisture.

I'd love to hear your ideas, as I'm going to redo everything.

Posted by CrazyCorpsman Friday, December 26, 2008

0 comments

Post a Comment